Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Monday, November 4, 2013

Six Candlelight Tours for December 2013

The Nov/Dec issue of AAA's magazine SJ First has a two page article on Historic House Tours for the Holiday season.  They listed 5 events and I can add another.  In fact, I'll list my historic house first:

1.A Soldier's Life - December 6 and 7, Whitall House Red Bank Battlefield, National Park, NJ.
I couldn't give a more updated web site for you to check into, but here is their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/whitallhouse
When I get more information, I'll post it here.

2.Woodstown, also Friday, Dec. 6th 
www.woodstownbycandlelight.org
I've done this one before and really enjoyed it.  I only went once, last year, but it is their 37th!

3.Salem "Yuletide Tour" Dec. 7 from 1 to 6pm
www.salemcitynj.com
Never took this one but I would like to.  I LOVE Salem!

4.Greenwich has it's 45th  on Sunday Dec. 8th and I go to this one EVERY YEAR and so do a  number of the other docents at the Whitall House, as well as other friends of mine from other areas.  We love this one.  
Call 856-455-8580

5.Haddon Heights has done this for 29 years and features 5 homes.  The hours are noon to 3:30 and in the evening on the same day, Dec. 6 from 6:30 to 10:00.  Call 856-547-7132 for information.
I haven't ever done this one and as you can see, you can't do them all because they all seem to fall on the same weekend!

6.  Mullica Hill Sat. Dec. 14 (hooray - someone broke out of the weekend pile up!) This one is in its 38th year and features many homes, churches, entertainment and crafts!  Visit www.mullicahill.com for more info.  This price for this one is $10.  Some of the others have fees as well, and some may call for advance registration so it is best to check before you go.

Hope to see you under the twinkling lights at one of these events!  I'll be working (as a volunteer at Whitall House, and visiting Greenwich, and possibly making Mullica Hill too.
Happy Trails and Happy Holidays!  Jo Ann  

No comments:

Post a Comment